Re: Staad Report

John Whitty,

As per my knowledge staad has three types of documents (output,
report, customized report) which one can get.

Output document (.SNL ext)
This document is produced according to the commands in the command
file and is stored in the staad file folder

Here we can enter the "load list" command and use "print support
reactions". But here also for print support reactions there is no
option for maximum values or reaction envelope which exist for
members.

Report :
(I think this cant be operated using command file)
After running analysis, in the postprocessing mode we see Report menu
in the top (where file,edit etc are there). In this we see have
Reactions etc. Which later can be taken a print out. I think this
document cannot be saved.

Customized report:
(I think this cant be operated using command file)
In this there are two
1) which shows in print format only whithout creating any document
2) which can be exported to a doc file.
My question is here: If i have 200 load cases. I select 1-100 load
cases in the staad and then see reactions, which shows only for 1 -100
load cases. then i go to report setup, i select for output and
reactions. this i save as LD_1_100 in the report setup.

My question is here. I have 200 load cases. In staad I select 1 - 100

then I select 101-200 load cases in the staad and then see reactions,
which shows only for 101 -200 load cases. then i go to report setup, i
select for output and reactions . this i save as LD_101_200 in the
report setup.

Now when i export this report to a .doc file it only shows the latest
report set up i.e LD_101_200 rather showing both LD 1_100 &
LD_101_200.

Or else if i want to include all different report setups that i have
saved them how to do it. This helps me to present the client the
reactions for different load cases  in different stages, rather than
showing all the load cases which may not be rewuired all ways to show
in the doc.

On 1/6/06, John Whitty <jwhitty(--nospam--at)itac-net.com> wrote:
> Santhosh,
>
> Have you repeatedly used the Load list and Print Support Reactions
> command in the conventional STAAD editor and printed it out?  Did it
> work this way?
>
> If you send me your STAAD file I'll take a look at it.
>
> Regards,
>

> John T. Whitty, P.E.
> Sr. Project Manager
> ITAC Engineers and Constructors